The Role: Front-end Developer
We are looking for an enterprising front-end developer to join our team here at Screaming Frog.
We are looking for a front-end developer to join our current front-end developer and expand the team! You will work with our designers and alongside the SEO team, to create fun, diverse and engaging interactive content, such as maps, parallax long form pages and functional website tools.
You’ll work as part of a small, but hard-working team, and be passionate about the web, clean code and emerging front-end web technologies. You’ll love to experiment with new ways of communicating ideas, have a strong team work ethic and a burning desire to create remarkable stuff!
The right candidate will have creative flair, great communication skills and the ability to manage and organise multiple projects! Our candidate must have –
- Considerable skills and experience, with classic HTML and HTML5.
- Knowledge and experience with CSS, including CSS3 animations.
- Experience with Vanilla JS and JQuery.
- Skills with responsive web builds for mobile first experiences.
- Knowledge of current development trends, standards, practices and new technologies.
- Excellent communication skills and be a confident decision maker.
- Great organisational and time-management skills.
- A proactive, positive attitude and willingness to train and continue to learn!
- An exciting and varied portfolio showing lots of amazing work!
It would also be nice to have the following skills –
- Previous experience with grid frameworks – Foundation, Bootstrap etc.
- Previous experience with pre-processors – SCSS, SASS, Jade.
- Some knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Previous experience with node.js.
Interested?Apply for this position
Goals & Responsibilities: Apply your development skills to strive for visual and user experience excellence in everything you produce, to be meticulous over detail and ensure that everything the team delivers stands out in a capricious world and an internet full of choices.
Reporting to: Director of SEO (don’t worry – he’s not scary)
Location: We are based in the centre of Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire. 10 seconds walk from the town hall, 20 seconds from coffee shops and around a minute to the river!
Salary: Dependent on experience.
Start Date: Immediate.
Contract: Permanent, full time contract subject to 3 month probationary period.
Deadline for applications: Open
Education: Degree level qualification in a relevant subject is preferred.
Experience: Candidates should have a minimum of one year commercial experience in a front-end development role.