If you have just purchased a licence and have not received your licence, please check your spam / junk folder and check it hasn’t been caught in filters such as MessageLabs.
If you still haven’t received the licence or have simply misplaced your licence, then please add @screamingfrog.co.uk domain to your e-mail safe senders list and contact support[at]screamingfrog.co.uk (replacing the [at] with @) with your Paypal e-mail address, date of purchase and transaction ID.
If you are experiencing a problem with the Screaming Frog SEO Spider, please follow these steps -
If the problem persists, please follow the steps below so we can look into the issue as quickly as possible.
1) Open the spider, click on ‘Help’ and ‘Debug’ in the menu and make a note of the log file destination (trace.txt) which should read something like – “C:UsersYourprofile.ScreamingFrogSEOSpidertrace.txt.
2) Use the spider in the sameway as when you experienced the issue or crash.
3) When you encounter the issue or crash, please navigate to the trace.txt file destination (from part 1), copy the trace.txt file into an e-mail including a quick summary of the site you were crawling (including any relevant URLs) and when you experienced the problem. Please do not open the spider immediately after the crash and before you copy the trace.txt file as the new session will overwrite the trace.txt file contents.
4) Please e-mail this to support[at]screamingfrog.co.uk. (Replacing the [at] with @).
5) Please remember to include your licence username and key when you contact support.
Please note – We do not offer support for the lite version of the tool. However we will generally look into any issues. If you own a licence we try to look at any problems within 7 days of a support submission.